News from the Story Room



I always consider myself lucky to be an educator. I could list a million reasons why being an educator yields good fortune. For the sake of this post I'll mainly focus on one reason. The school year calendar grants the gift of celebrating a New Year twice. For me, September feels like a new year. It is the ninth month of the calendar year, but it is the start of another school year. Then, we are given the gift of an actual new year, in the first month of the year January.

In September and January, I feel a great sense of excitement. Possibilities are endless, ideas are fresh and energy is renewed. These feelings I share with many of my colleagues in the Lower School. As we begin a new year, we also begin the second half of the school year. I am so excited about upcoming collaborations, class projects and special events we have coming up in the next few months.

Click the link to see all the projects and collaborations that have already begun in early childhood classes as well as with our primary grades.

Stay tune for all the greatness happening in the second half of the school year.